At Nace, we have formed strategic alliances with our strategic partners to enable and assist us see our MISSION and VISION through. NACE is a coalition of national and international non-governmental organizations that are united behind a common vision: a Sierra Leone where citizens receive maximum returns for their natural resources, and where natural resource wealth is used to promote balanced development of our country. To achieve this vision, we work to bring transparency and accountability to Sierra Leone’s extractives sector.
Green Scenery is a non-governmental organization in Sierra Leone without religious, political or governmental affiliation. We are working towards a future where food is secured, Human Rights are respected, access to justice is guaranteed and biodiversity is protected. Community-based programming is our approach. Green Scenery is registered with the Registrar General and the Ministry of Development and Economic Planning.
Christian Aid is a Christian organisation that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We provide urgent, practical and effective assistance where need is great, tackling the effects of poverty as well as its root causes
Sierra Leone Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative Since the end of the civil conflict in Sierra Leone, the mining sector has been expanding, contributing significantly to the economy. A good number of large-scale and small-scale companies are at present, investing in diamonds, rutile, bauxite, gold and iron ore. The oil and gas sector is also promising since the announcement of the discovery of oil in the deep water in 2009.
Established in 1988 in eastern Sierra Leone, the Network Movement for Justice and Development (NMJD) is a national human rights-oriented civil society development and advocacy organization. NMJD engages government on policy reform matters and has a long history and experience in working with grassroots communities in Sierra Leone.
The specific objectives of NACE are to:
- 1. Advocate for the Government of Sierra Leone to sign onto the extractive industry transparency initiative (EITI)
- 2. Work to expand the EITI to include marine, forestry and other natural resource extraction apart from mining
- 3. Empower CSOs and build a critical mass of activists to engage government and companies on extractives with the view to influencing their corporate responsibilities in the interest of affected communities
- 4. Empower affected communities to define, articulate and defend their interests
- 5. Work with the government of Sierra Leone to secure the best interest of Sierra Leone in the extractives industry
- 6. Network and form coalitions and alliances with CSOs in the West Africa and Africa, as a whole, on securing the best interests of their citizens in the extractives industry.